Membership is open to all independent, private, non-profit schools and entitles you to all MISBO services and benefits. Please submit the following for membership:
- Online Application (Click Join below)
- Copy of the school's IRS determination letter 501(c)(3)
- Tax exemption letter (if applicable)
- Annual membership dues for the 2018-2019 school year is $2.35 per student, with a minimum of $235
* MISBO renews membership in May for the following year, and works on a fiscal year of July 1st - June 30th.
School Membership Includes:
Annual fees are based on your school’s enrollment total. Once you join, you will benefit from:
- Purchasing Consortium that leverages the collective purchasing power of over 330 member schools to negotiate contracts for goods and services. Gain access to the MISBO library of professionally negotiated contracts to save your school money on goods and services.
- Digital Educational Resources are bundled and ordered once a year. Savings are obtained by combining orders of all schools, placing one purchase order, and receiving one invoice. Schools save money, time, resources, and have their resources renew at one time.
- Professional Development targeted to those associated with the business operations of an independent school. (Business Officers, Facility Directors, Human Resource Directors, Librarians/Media Specialist, Technology Directors.)
- Access to ListServ Groups, an online discussion for information sharing and communication dedicated to the individual professionals in the independent school (i.e., Business Officers, Facility Directors, Human Resource Directors, Librarians/Media Specialist, Technology Directors, and Business Office Staff.) Members can subscribe by clicking here.
- Webinars, offered at no additional cost to members, offer best practices, timely industry news, vendor offerings and product specific presentations without leaving your desk.
- Conferences, including the leading networking and educational event for independent school professionals in the United States; providing a gathering place to exchange ideas, expand networks, create new relationships, and discover beneficial opportunities for a school community.
- CPAs can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits at our conferences through our collaboration with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA).
- Annual Survey partnership with NAIS’ (National Association of Independent Schools) DASL to provide the information all operational leaders need to make informed decisions. This service allows member schools to benchmark data at various levels to better direct goals, decision-making and goal-setting.
- Insurance Program partnerships with several vendors to provide a variety of Insurance programs designed around the needs of Independent Schools.
- Find or post employment opportunities at MISBO member schools in our Career Center. (To post a job, please click here to fill out the form.)
- Legal Resources and Guidance
- In partnership with Fisher Phillips, Attorneys at Law, and Suzanne Bogdan, MISBO members receive, as part of their MISBO membership, the following services:
- Access to the Fisher Phillips Knowledge Center on the firm’s website. The Knowledge Center contains various newsletters and alerts, Fisher Phillips Education Updates and other resources covering specific areas of the law that you may download as a useful guide. The Knowledge Center will be regularly updated by Fisher Phillips staff.
- 30 minutes of legal advice annually by telephone with a Fisher Phillips attorney.
- 10% discount on all Fisher Phillips fees.
- Ready to join? Join Below!