Become a Consortium partner
A prospective consortium partner will only be considered if:
- The prospective partner offers a product or service that will be of value to at least 10% of the membership
- The prospective partner offers products or services that are either unique or better than existing partner products or services.
Once we have received this information, we will start our research as to the needs and requirements of our membership, current MISBO coverage of this product/service, and overall value. During this evaluation, we may contact you further for additional information.
MISBO has sourced from and partnered with only the highest quality consortium partners. MISBO has adopted a streamlined purchasing process as outlined in our 4-step procurement process:
1. RESEARCHING MEMBER NEEDS
MISBO continually confers with its member base during the year through various meetings, conferences, affinity groups for suggestions of their purchasing needs.
2. RESEARCHING THE MARKET FOR SOLUTIONS
Constant research helps us develop the best approach for each offering. Some industries lend themselves to an invitation for a manufacturer’s response because a single manufacturer provides a complete industry solution through a number of authorized dealers. Other industries lend themselves to an invitation for a distributor because individual distributors provide complete industry solutions as representative for a large number of manufacturers.
3. MISBO CONSORTIUM PARTNERS AGREE TO:
- Provide quality goods and/or services to MISBO member schools providing savings or additional benefits individual schools could not achieve on their own.
- Provide approved co-branded marketing materials.
- Provide an approved business plan.
- Maintain a current point of contact that will be responsible for MISBO contract and performance metrics.
Provide prompt vendor volume reports and fees.
- Ensure all vendor personnel required to service MISBO members clearly understand the agreement and promote the value of MISBO.
- Provide timely updates on the availability of new products or services, obstacles or issues that may affect quality, service levels or pricing.
- Participate, when possible, in MISBO sponsored events and/or conferences.
4. MISBO AGREES TO:
- Provide member school contact information with monthly updates via e-mail to designated contact.
- Periodically visit member schools and conduct regional meetings to promote consortium partners and contracts.
- Promote individual contracts through targeted group e-mail blasts.
- Post approved product demo links.
- Provide a website presence (public) with password protected contract terms and pricing.
- Promote partner hosted and approved product demonstration and educational webinars.