DIGITAL EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
The MISBO Digital Educational Resources Portal provides an easy and convenient way to purchase and manage your digital educational subscriptions and databases, all while saving you money.
- Manage all your subscriptions through a single renewal process and one invoice
- Discounted pricing for MISBO members only
- Trial Sites for 2019 now available
- MISBO Consortium Partner Webinar page now available
- Portal opens for ordering April 2019
- Check back often for updates!
COVID-19 Communications from MISBO Consortium Partners
MAPS101 began publishing a new interactive, self-guided lessons each day. These CCSS aligned lessons take students on a virtual trip, provide opportunities for critical thinking and culminate with the challenge of summarizing and teaching their learning to someone at home. Individualized material is also available to support your own curriculum, suitable for both packet work and computer-based learning, including:
Field Trip Library, Geography News Network, Maps, Map Sketch, National Geographic Videos, GeoInquiries and 2020 Election Center
Teen Health & Wellness, Rosen Publishing's award-winning digital resource, has been updated for all learners to include coronavirus information; these updates will continue as the situation unfolds. The content will present facts, not fear, in a balanced, readable, and measured format.
In keeping with Rosen tradition, now as always, the content in Teen Health & Wellness is created expressly for teens. The resource addresses their unique concerns, anxieties, and perspectives. Information is presented using a sensitive, respectful, and age-appropriate approach. Engaging, teen-friendly articles make complex topics understandable as it provides insight into the teen experience—crucial information for parents, teachers, librarians, therapists, and others who support the development of teens’ lives.
Through the Personal Story Project, “Staying Connected During COVID-19,” Rosen offers all middle and high school students a unique tool to share and publish their experiences during this time, and to find strength and hope in one another’s stories. Sharing challenges confronted and overcome is more than empowering; it's a way to say, "You are not alone."
TeachingBooks PreK-12 literacy service offers this brand new Book & Reading Engagement Kit: Home Edition. With seamless connections for your students and families, now everyone can bring to life the books they are reading. Awaiting you are 172,000+ videos, audio recordings, activities, and lessons to enrich your community’s virtual learning. These enable readers to stay connected to favorite books during this unprecedented time.
McGraw Hill is supporting the online educational community by opening up access to core STEM articles through June 15.
Click here to view open-access articles within the following key disciplines:
- Life Sciences
- Earth and Space Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering and Design
Planning for Remote Learning? Learning Explorer Announces 6 Months Free Access for Schools and Districts Impacted by COVID-19. With concerns growing over the rapidly evolving situation, many schools and districts are now making plans to transition to remote instructional formats instead of in-person classes. Learning Explorer supports PreK-12 teachers with access to over 650,000 educator-reviews to open educational resources, in both print and digital formats, as well as online lesson planning and delivery tools.
Keep your students engaged from home on any device with these two resources from Capstone.
If you find your school or district in a situation where you will need to rely on remote technology to continue teaching and learning, we’re here to support you. Complete this form to request free access to both PebbleGo and Capstone Interactive eBooks while your school is closed.
Scholastic is offering free online resources at www.scholastic.com/learnathome
For more information, or for technical issues, please contact:
Tech Support, 800-724-2222 option 5, (f) 800-560-6815 digitalservice@Scholastic.com
Kathy Brown 800-621-1115 x4, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering free, unlimited use of WritingCity to any school that is closed due to the coronavirus for the remainder of the school year.
Consider using our resource's online tools for:
- Distance learning and practice
- Support for projects and homework
- Keeping students on track with their studies
- Sign up for a webinar on Monday, March 16 at 3:30 PM ET for ideas and strategies to meet the challenges of teaching and learning remotely.
- Learning at home with BrainPOP
- How to talk about the coronavirus with students and support distance learning
- Free BrainPOP Access for Schools Affected by the Coronavirus
Discovery Ed upgraded all current partners to Discovery Education Experience until 6/30/20, and any new schools or districts can sign up for free access through 6/30/20.
To request free access to Discovery Education Experience, principals and superintendents of affected schools or school districts can fill out this form for free access through 6/30/2020.
Discovery Education is here to help in any way we can as you are working hard to support your communities. As part of your Discovery Education Experience (formerly Discovery Education Streaming) you have access to thousands of grab and go lesson plans for your educators to use to support students with virtual learning. **Make sure you are logged into Discovery Education before clicking the link**
Our teams at Discovery Education are committed to supporting you with:
Support for Educators & Educators
- Check out and share5 Ways Digital Content Can Support Virtual Learning – concrete ideas and strategies for supporting digital teaching and learning.
- Explore on-demand learning opportunities within Discovery Education’sstep-by-step guides, interactive courses, and DEN Channel
Updated Student Center & At-Home Resources
- Students can now easily go on a learning adventure, check out a virtual field trip, and explore ways to make the most of their own Discovery Education Experience. Student Exploration
- Leverage your students’ accounts for 24/7 access from any device. Not sure how students and teachers access your Discovery Education resources from home? Contact our support team or bulk upload your students today.
Support for Parents: You do not need a login for these resources
- The Daily DE features a grade-band appropriate learning activity for every day of the week, including printable resources. From digital interactives to virtual field trips to fun science experiments and more, these daily activities are great for keeping the learning going at home! Download here: https://den.discoveryeducation.com/participate/dailyde
- free trial site through May 1
- additional remote learning information
*Usernames and passwords are case-sensitive
FactCite has always offered 30-day free previews of its award-winning databases, appropriate for researchers in grades 1-12. This spring, to help schools cope with students learning at home due to school closures, FactCite is extending the length of the trials.
Just complete this form to request a trial. We'll set it up and keep it open as long as schools are closed this spring.
Have your teachers check out Tips for Teachers for some assignments using FactCite databases.
FactCite includes the databases listed below. All have audio read-along (icon in the upper left corner), add to Google classroom (icon in the upper right corner), and NoodleTools and MLA 8 citations (bottom of every entry).
- FactCite 123 (for primary grades)
- NEW! FactCite 123 LINGO (Spanish translation; if you're interested in this new database, let us know and we'll add it to your preview and send you 'getting started' instructions)
- Biography for Beginners
- Sports Champions
- Shapers of Society
- U.S. and World Biography
- American History
- Essential Information
- Countries and Cultures
- Defining Moments in American History
Navigating Resources for Readers During COVID-19
Cricket Media Magazines with Teacher Guides from Flipster
Tutorials and More!
As the need for online access increases, we are here to help. Simply contact your account team or email email@example.com. In the meantime, here are some quick reminders of what’s available to you through your ProQuest resources:
- You and your users can access your ProQuest products from home at any time.
- Google Classroom, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive integrate with many ProQuest products.
- Educator resources are available with SIRS Issues Researcher, SIRS Discoverer, CultureGrams and others.
- Our LibGuides are great sources for additional help and ideas.
What You Can Do Now
- Remind teachers and staff of the availability of remote access to the ProQuest resources provided by your library.
- Provide links and authentication information to share with students and parents.
Share contact information for ProQuest with teachers, parents and students so we can help them resolve any authentication issues they may encounter. We are also happy to answer their questions. Contact information is right here at the ProQuest Support Center.
- Embedding Videos: NBC Learn videos can be embedded into Schoology, Canvas, and other LMSes. To embed, find the link to NBC Learn in the editor toolbar (this may be under ‘More External Tools’ or ‘Insert Content’). Open the video and click ‘Embed.’
- Videos for Research: NBC Learn’s library includes current events and archival news videos dating back to the 1920s. Encourage students to use the site for research and to create accurate citations using our citation generator.
- Offline App: NBC Learn’s Offline App can be downloaded to Macs and PCs and allows users to save an unlimited number of videos for playback whether or not they’re connected to the internet.
Springshare is a remote-first workplace and we do not anticipate any disruptions in our operations due to the covid-19 outbreak as most of the employees work from their home offices. We also have ample staff resources available so if some staff members were to contract the virus and are unable to work there are other staff members available to take over their duties to ensure no interruptions to the Springshare service and our company workflows.
Our cloud-based server infrastructure is located at various data centers around the world, hosted by AWS (Amazon Web Services) and we have no reason to believe that there would be server outages and connectivity problems due to covid-19.
|Portal Login||Librarian Resource Page|
- Create DER Account / Retrieve Password
- Updating Student Enrollmentg
- Search Digital Educational Resource Vendors
All Digital Educational Resources questions should be directed to:
Susan Flanagan, Consortium & Member Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jay Danielson, Director of the Purchasing Consortium at email@example.com