Benefits of membership
Be sure to click the button for the category of membership you're interested in.
Membership is open to all independent, private, non-profit schools and entitles you to all MISBO services and benefits. Please submit the following for membership:
- Annual membership dues for the 2022-2023 school year is $2.75 per student, with a minimum of $275
- Online Application (Click "Join as School" below)
- Copy of the school's IRS determination letter 501 (c) (3)
- Tax exemption letter (if applicable)
- Next Step: Savings - Please provide a list of the companies you are using to help the MISBO Purchasing Consortium improve your savings. Our members typically use their accounts payable system to generate this list in our preferred spreadsheet format. After analyzing the data, we will connect you with the MISBO partners you are already using to move those contracts over quickly and easily and start saving money right away!
- Purchasing Consortium that leverages the collective purchasing power of approximately 340 member schools to negotiate contracts for goods and services. Gain access to the MISBO library of professionally negotiated contracts to save your school money on goods and services.
- Digital Educational Resources are bundled and ordered once a year. Savings are obtained by combining orders of all schools, placing one purchase order, and receiving one invoice. Schools save money, time, resources, and have their resources renew at one time.
- Professional Development targeted to those associated with the business operations of an independent school. (Business Officers, Facility Directors, Human Resource Directors, Librarians/Media Specialist, Technology Directors.) PD opportunities include both live and virtual events with a full list found at misbo.com/events. CPAs can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits at our conferences through our collaboration with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA).
- Access to ListServ Groups, an online discussion for information sharing and communication dedicated to the individual professionals in the independent school (i.e., Business Officers, Facility Directors, Human Resource Directors, Librarians/Media Specialist, Technology Directors, and Business Office Staff.) Members can subscribe by clicking here.
- Annual Survey partnership with NAIS’ (National Association of Independent Schools) DASL to provide the information all operational leaders need to make informed decisions. This service allows member schools to benchmark data at various levels to better direct goals, decision-making and goal-setting.
- Insurance Program partnerships with several vendors to provide a variety of Insurance programs designed around the needs of Independent Schools.
- Career Center postings - Find or post employment opportunities at MISBO member schools. To post a job, please click here to fill out the form. (member sign in required)
- Legal Resources and Guidance in partnership with Fisher Phillips, Attorneys at Law including access to the FP Knowledge Center as well as 30 minutes annually via telephone with a FP attorney, as well as a 10% discount on fees.
- Ready to join? Click the button to the right! Read our membership agreement here.
Associate School Membership Includes:
- The Independent School Group Retirement Plan, a 403 (b) multiple employer plan (MEP) designed specifically for independent schools. For more information about the MEP, click here.
- Professional Development discounts and opportunities include both live and virtual events with a full list found at misbo.com/events. CPAs can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits at our events through our collaboration with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). Our content is targeted to those associated with the business operations of an independent school.
- Business Officers
- Facility Directors
- Human Resource Directors
- Librarians/Media Specialist
- Technology Directors
- Career Center postings - Find or post employment opportunities at MISBO member schools. To post a job, navigate to the Career Center using your MISBO login.
- This category of membership does NOT include the pre-negotiated discounts in the MISBO Purchasing Consortium. If you're interested in saving your school money through these discounts, join as a full School member above.
- Ready to join? Click the button to the right that says "Join as an Associate School"!
Association Membership Includes:
Available to all independent school association staff members. Once you "Join as Association" by creating a profile, you will benefit from:
- Webinars, offered at no additional cost to members, offer best practices, timely industry news, vendor offerings and product specific presentations without leaving your desk.
- Conferences, including the leading networking and educational event for independent school professionals in the United States; providing a gathering place to exchange ideas, expand networks, create new relationships, and discover beneficial opportunities for a school community.
- Find or post employment opportunities at MISBO member schools in our Career Center. (Please log into www.misbo.com first before going to the Career Center.)
- Ready to get involved with MISBO? Join Below!