For visitors to the MISBO Site, we may automatically collect the following pieces of information:
- Internet domain and IP address;
- Type of browser and operating system used;
- The date and time of the visit;
- MISBO Site pages visited;
- The address of originating website, if any.
In certain areas of the Site, however, you may choose to reveal information about yourself to MISBO. This may include sending MISBO an email through a feature on the Site or filling out a form. The information you disclose may include your name, address, email address, or other information that is not publicly available. In the event that you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information about yourself in this way, MISBO commits to use it only for the purposes for which it was provided, and to not provide it to any third parties.
MISBO Members create an account with MISBO and log in for certain activities, such as viewing content, posting to forums, changing settings and account details, paying registration and other fees to MISBO, and other Site activities. Note that use of the Site is governed by the Site Terms of Service, and use of listservs, forums, and social media sites are governed by policies posted on the Site at those locations.
Any information supplied by MISBO members is kept and stored in databases and only will be used for the purpose for which the MISBO member provided it, or other specific purposes authorized herein. MISBO may use your personal information to contact you in the future, but in no instance will provide any information supplied by you to third parties if that information could be used to personally identify you, except as follows:
- If you register for a MISBO event or conference, MISBO may release your personal contact mailing information to exhibitors and sponsors of those MISBO events and conferences. If you do not wish to have your name released, please notify MISBO on the registration page, or by emailing MISBO at MISBO “at” MISBO.org.
- Your information is supplied to novi, our Site provider. Novi’s own website privacy protections and practices are viewable at: https://www.noviams.com/legal/.
- MISBO may use third-party contractors for provision of certain services, such as for printing services and meetings and the MISBO Purchasing Consortium. Third-party contractors will not use your information for any purposes other than the ones the information was provided for unless expressly consented to by you in registration forms.
- In no event will MISBO share your email address with a third party without your prior permission except as discussed above.
- MISBO retains the right to market to members, and to collect information pertaining to your use of the Site in order to more effectively market to you in the future. All credit card information is deleted once the particular transaction is complete.
Right to Access or Correct Data
If MISBO retains any personally identifiable information about you, you have the right to see what information MISBO retains. For MISBO members, most of this information is viewable inside your user account. For Site visitors, the only personally identifiable information is information you specifically provided to us through an email or form on our website. Regardless, any person who has provided information to MISBO and would like to review that information may email a request. Fulfilling your request may take some time due to the technical nature of the Site, but MISBO will not unreasonably delay in providing a list of personally identifiable information retained about you by MISBO.
You have the right to correct any data MISBO retains about you, should it contain mistakes. MISBO strives to keep accurate data and encourages you to bring any mistakes to its attention. Submit information corrections to MISBO “at” MISBO.org.
Duration of information retention and deletion requests
Unless otherwise noted, information about Site visitors and members is retained indefinitely. You may, at any time, request that your information be deleted. Note that, in doing so, MISBO may not be able to offer certain services or features of the Site to you.