Membership is open to all independent, private, non-profit schools and entitles you to all MISBO services and benefits. Please submit the following for membership:
- Annual membership dues for the 2019-2020 school year is $2.40 per student, with a minimum of $240
- Online Application (Click "Join as School" below)
- Copy of the school's IRS determination letter 501 (c) (3)
- Tax exemption letter (if applicable)
* MISBO renews membership in May for the following year, and works on a fiscal year of July 1st - June 30th.
School Membership Benefits Include:
- Purchasing Consortium that leverages the collective purchasing power of approximately 340 member schools to negotiate contracts for goods and services. Gain access to the MISBO library of professionally negotiated contracts to save your school money on goods and services.
- Digital Educational Resources are bundled and ordered once a year. Savings are obtained by combining orders of all schools, placing one purchase order, and receiving one invoice. Schools save money, time, resources, and have their resources renew at one time.
- Professional Development targeted to those associated with the business operations of an independent school. (Business Officers, Facility Directors, Human Resource Directors, Librarians/Media Specialist, Technology Directors.) PD opportunities include both live and virtual events with a full list found at misbo.com/events. CPAs can earn Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits at our conferences through our collaboration with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA).
- Access to ListServ Groups, an online discussion for information sharing and communication dedicated to the individual professionals in the independent school (i.e., Business Officers, Facility Directors, Human Resource Directors, Librarians/Media Specialist, Technology Directors, and Business Office Staff.) Members can subscribe by clicking here.
- Annual Survey partnership with NAIS’ (National Association of Independent Schools) DASL to provide the information all operational leaders need to make informed decisions. This service allows member schools to benchmark data at various levels to better direct goals, decision-making and goal-setting.
- Insurance Program partnerships with several vendors to provide a variety of Insurance programs designed around the needs of Independent Schools.
- Career Center postings - Find or post employment opportunities at MISBO member schools. To post a job, please click here to fill out the form.
- Legal Resources and Guidance in partnership with Fisher Phillips, Attorneys at Law including access to the FP Knowledge Center as well as 30 minutes annually via telephone with a FP attorney, as well as a 10% discount on fees.
- Ready to join? Click the button to the right!