Overview Of The Lead In Drinking Water
This session will provide an overview of the lead in drinking water based on peer-reviewed research, the health effects of lead in water, common myths and misconceptions about lead, and tips for reducing exposure. Join us to learn more about this potential danger and how to minimize your school's risk.
Meet the Speaker
Shannon Evanchec is co-founder and CEO of TruePani, a water quality and cleantech company reducing lead in drinking water and mitigating environmental contaminants. Shannon holds an environmental engineering degree from Georgia Tech.
- Learning Objective: Attendees will understand ways lead enters drinking water and the history of lead in the U.S. We will address myths and misconceptions regarding lead and identify ways to protect against lead in drinking water.
- Field of Study: Production
- Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
- Program level: Basic
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparations: None
- Recommended CPE Credits 1.0 in Production.
All webinars are $50 per session but are FREE to anyone from a MISBO member school. Webinars are one hour in length and begin at 2pm ET.
MISBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint, refund, and cancellation, call the office at 404-921-3812 or please use the following link: MISBO Webinar Administrative Policies.