Webinar: The Legal Issues You Will Likely Face in 2021
Latest Legal Updates for Your School regarding COVID
Join us for the latest legal updates on:
- EEOC revised guidance related to COVID-19
- Can COVID be a work-related illness?
- Do OSHA rules and Form 300 apply to your school?
- What is the difference between recording and reporting cases?
- Can/should schools require an employee to have the vaccine once available?
Meet the Speakers
Suzanne Bogdan is the Managing Partner in the Fort Lauderdale office of Fisher Phillips LLP. She handles all types of employment-related matters, including claims for age, race, sex, disability, religious, and national origin discrimination arising under the various civil rights laws, as well as claims involving family leave issues, wage hour matters, and breach of contract. Suzanne is the Chair of the firm's Education Practice Group, actively representing more than 100 private educational institutions in employee, student, and board issues. Suzanne is a frequent presenter to both educational and corporate associations on all aspects of employment law and risk management in the employment context.
Patrick Dennison is a member of the firm’s SBA Loan Team, dedicated to advising employers on the inner workings of the complex CARES Act loan process during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- Learning Objective: Attendees will receive updates on a variety of potential legal issues that may affect employers for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
- Field of Study: Business Law
- Instructional Method: Group Internet Based
- Program level: Basic
- Prerequisites: None
- Advanced Preparations: None
- Recommended CPE Credits 1.0 in Business Law.
All webinars are $50 per session but are FREE to anyone from a MISBO member school. Webinars are one hour in length and begin at 2pm ET.
MISBO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint, refund, and cancellation, call the office at 404-921-3812 or please use the following link: MISBO Webinar Administrative Policies.