Health & Safety
2021 Annual Conference
Your safety is our top priority!
Health & Safety Guidelines with respect to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
- In accordance with CDC recommendations and our host hotel's policies, the use of face masks will be required for all attendees, sponsors, speakers, and staff in public areas and group settings indoors, except while eating or drinking. Masks are required even if the individual is vaccinated.
- We strongly recommend that all attendees be vaccinated prior to attending the event, if they are able to.
- MISBO encourages all attendees to act in the best interests of their own well-being, and that of their fellow conference participants. If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive, please do not attend the conference. If you have questions, please contact us.
These may be updated if CDC recommendations or state/local/hotel guidelines change prior to the conference dates. This is an evolving topic and we will continue to refine our on-site policies based on recommendations.
What we're doing to help ensure your health and safety:
- Face masks will be required for all attendees, sponsors, speakers, staff, and hotel staff in public areas and group settings indoors, except while eating or drinking
- Conference events will take place in open air spaces as much as possible, including the Opening Reception and lunch
- The hotel provides multiple outdoor spaces for use during breaks
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available. Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will be encouraged
- High-touch areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized
- Social distancing will be in place as much as possible in session rooms
- Buffets will be served by hotel staff
- See the Westin Chattanooga's Cleanliness Protocols and Standards for everything they are doing right now